Frommer’S Honeymoon Destinations
Frommer’S Honeymoon Destinations Binding: Paperback Publisher: FrommerMedia Publish Date: 1990-02-04 Pages: 656 Weight: 1.20 ISBN-13: 9780133326772 ISBN-10: 0133326772
101 Top Honeymoon Destinations Little Black Book SPI
101 Top Honeymoon Destinations Little Black Book SPI Binding: Hardcover Publisher: Peter Pauper Pr Publish Date: 2008/02/28 Language: ENGLISH Pages: 192 Dimensions: 5.75 x 4.00 x 0.75 Weight: 0.45 ISBN-13: 9781593598013
This book presents new directions both for tourism and cultural landscape studies in geography, crossing the traditional boundaries between the research of geographers and scholars of the tourism industry. Drawing on selected research from Europe, Southeast Asia, the Pacific and North America, the contributors combine perspectives in human geography and tourism to present cultural landscapes of tourist destinations as socially constructed places, examining the extent and manner by which tourism both establishes and falsifies local reality. The book addresses many critical themes which recent critiques in tourism studies focusing on the attitudes and behaviour of the tourist and on the industry as agents of social change have ignored, including the marginalization of the ‘host’ community, the privatization and commodification of local culture, and how tourism acts as both agent and process in the structure, identity and meaning of local places.
Honeymoon Binding: Paperback Publisher: Vintage Publishing Publish Date: 1992-09-07 Pages: 160 Weight: 1.63 ISBN-13: 9780002712903 ISBN-10: 0002712903
Top 10 Honeymoon Destinations In October
Plan a trip to India during the winter
The diverse land of India offers a wide range of pleasing tourist destinations for all seasons and tourists with different tastes. Most places offer their best attractions in the winter season. Therefore, if you are planning to travel to India in winter can have wide choices. Whether it's your honeymoon or family vacation or just a routine vacation with friends, India will surely leave you fascinated.
Of all the history buffs to nature lovers, nature lovers, adventure lovers, couples honeymoon and even religious-minded people, every one can satisfy their desires. A snowy Christmas in India is as exciting as a carnival of Goa, a camel safari in Rajasthan, any adventure sport in the ranks Himalayas, or even sunbathing beside the exotic beaches of Goa or Kerala.
A few popular winter destinations in India are:
- Kashmir – the home of many mountain resorts (such as Srinagar, Gulmarg, Sonamarg, Pahlgam etc.) with some of the most splendid lakes and snow-capped peaks, adventure perfect for sightseeing and relaxation.
- Auli (9.500 to 10.500 feet above sea level in Uttarakhand) – pine hillside herbs; ideal for skiing and hiking.
- Shimla (the queen of the hills in Himachal Pradesh) – perfect for adventure travel and religion.
- Mcleodganj (near Dharamshala in Himachal Pradesh) – the abode of His Holiness the Fourteenth Dalai Lama; popular Buddhist meditation centers, health clubs and monasteries.
- Halflong (Assam) – a wonderful resort with orchards of orange, pineapple and gardens of wildlife, mountains, blue, green rivers and waterfalls.
- Mount Abu (the only hill station in Rajasthan) – It offers various adventure sports and Dilwara Jain temples.
- Chilka Lake (Odissa) – paradise bird lovers.
- Corbett National Park (Uttarakhand) – home to around 50 species of mammals, 580 species of birds and 25 species of reptiles.
- The backwaters of Kerala – 900 km long intricate network of waterways with tropical climate, houseboats are a unique attraction.
- Goa – the queen of beaches, popular carnival trance parties, and a host of festivities.
The northern belt of India, comprising of states like Jammu and Kashmir Himachal Pradesh, Uttaranchal, etc, is the most frequented part in the winters. The real beauty of this region is known at its best during the months of October to March.